- EU General Data Protection Regulation
- The EU GDPR becomes enforceable on the 25th May 2018, following a 2-year transition period, where all organisations that control and process personal data of EU residents will be required to store, protect, manage and retain the information or face significant penalties. Data subjects will have more rights on how their information is controlled and processed.
Organisations found to be in breach can expect fines of up to 4% of annual global turnover (NB turnover NOT profit) or €20million whichever is greater.
For all businesses there must be better protection for personal data:
Clear consent required to process data
Right of individuals to have data rectified, amended and moved
Right of notification if data is compromised
All breaches must be reported within 72 hours
Our team consists of trained and certified GDPR Practitioners, with considerable experience of information security. We will be able to help you understand what GDPR means for your organisation and what you need to undertake to be GDPR ready by the 25th May 2018.
- Our GDPR Services include:
- Executive briefs designed to allow your Board to understand the requirements of the new legislation.
- Gap Analysis and Data Inventory Checks to allow you to quantify your personal data holdings and what needs to be put in place.
- Our Virtual Data Protection Officer allows you to use our Practioners when you need help and assistance in meeting the GDPR requirements.
- Our Information Security Managed Services will provide you the assurance that your personal data is under the protection of our monitoring capability.
- Our face-to-face training and e-learning capabilities will provide your staff with sufficient cyber knowledge to understand their individual GDPR responsibilities.
- If you would like more information then please Contact Us.